Before Your Treatment
During your free consultation, Kate will ask you a set a questions to learn more about you and your tattoo. These will include some medical history, lifestyle questions, and some questions regarding the tattoo itself. Kate will also identify your skin tone and any other factors that may affect your immune system and how you may react to the laser treatment.
This enables us to determine a more accurate number of sessions required, and a fair and affordable treatment plan.
In our experience, a professional tattoo will take anywhere from 5 to 10 treatments to fully remove, while an amateur tattoo may only take up to 4 sessions to be gone completely. If it’s only fading you’re after, you may only be looking at between 2 and 4 treatments depending on your cover up design.
A topical anaesthetic can be applied up to 1 hour before the treatment to help numb the area, although this is not possible on very large tattoos.
The treatment area will be cleansed and you will be asked to wear a pair of protective glasses specifically designed for the wavelength used during your session.
A photo will be taken to add to your confidential file. This is a great way to compare your results, as sometimes it’s easy to forget how dark a tattoo was originally, or how much fading has occurred.
To ensure your treatment is as comfortable as possible, we incorporate the use of a skin cooling system designed specifically for procedures such as laser tattoo removal. This system works by blowing a steady stream of freezing cold air onto the skin before, during and after the treatment to minimize pain and prevent the risk of thermal injury.
The laser session may be immediately followed up by an additional brief fractional treatment (at client’s request, additional charges may apply). This application is very tolerable and will help to release heat from the treatment site, therefore greatly improving the aftercare experience and reducing the likelihood of side effects such as scarring.
After Your Treatment
At the conclusion of your first treatment with us, you will be supplied with an aftercare pack which includes our 24/7 advice contact number and detailed post treatment information.
Immediately after the treatment you can expect the area to feel tender and warm, similar to a moderate sunburn. Some patients experience some slight blistering, bruising or swelling, which is completely normal and should subside within the next 24 hours. To assist your skin in healing without scarring, and to speed up recovery, it is important to follow the the advice below:
- Remove the supplied dressing after 2-4 hours and ensure the area is kept clean and dry
- Re-apply a soothing antiseptic cream regularly for the first few days
- Avoid applying any creams or moisturisers to the area for up to 3 days unless recommended by us
- Avoid restrictive shoes, clothing, jewellery or friction to the treated area
- Avoid heavy exersize, sport, or any type of activity that will cause stress to the treated area.
- If the treated area is on your ankle or foot, it is important to stay off your feet as much as possible for48 hours to avoid excess inflammation
- Avoid hot baths, saunas and steam rooms for 48 hours
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and ensure the treated area is covered with SPF if you will be in the sun
- If there are blisters present, do not pick, scratch or pop them. This is a normal response and is your body’s way of healing itself after being exposed to heat or friction.
- If the area feels excessively warm, a cold pack or cool cloth may be applied to assist with discomfort
We recommend you follow this advice until you are confident that the area has healed completely and any blistering, bruising or swelling has subsided. As part of our commitment to client care, we are on call 24/7 should you have any concerns or questions regarding your skins recovery and are always happyto help.
Uncross those arms & take the next step towards peace of mind.Get a consultation